Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tortellini Soup

I pkg of your favorite tortellini (cheese or beef)
1 or 2 italian sausages
I can chopped tomatoes (with juices)
1 carton of chicken broth
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
small onion and or garlic/garlic powder
however many of whatever vegetables you want
(I like corn and or carrots)

Boil tortellini till almost done and drain water
fry sausage with onion or garlic or whatever

In a big pot warm the chicken broth with vegetables and seasonings then add everything in and let it simmer, don't over cook the tortellini.
Add any extra seasonings to your liking (I add quite a bit of Italian seasoning)
If you want a little more broth, just add some water with a chicken flavoring.

I get the Costco size of tortellini(750g). If you do that, I would use 2 sausages and the 14 oz can of tomatoes and a some water.
It makes about 4 generous adult servings and 2 kid size servings. All you need is bread or buns to go with this, its very filling.
This stuff freezes good too.


by Lindsay