Sunday, April 22, 2007

Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad

2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup poppy seed dressing
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup torn romaine
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Place chicken on thick foil. Combine broth and 1 TBS of dressing; spoon over chicken. Fold edges of foil around chicken mixture, leave centre open. Grill, covered over medium heat for 10-12 min (or juices run clear). In salad bowl combine spinach, romaine and strawberries. Add chicken and remaining poppy seed dressin; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds.


Fruity Dessert Crepe
(this looked sooo good and pretty easy I decided to post 2, ambitious I know)
1/4 2% milk
2Tbs beaten egg
3 Tbs biscuit/ baking mix
1 snack size cup of vanilla pudding
1/2 small banana sliced
2 Tbs coconut
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 fresh strawberries
1/2 medium kiwi fruit

Mix milk and egg. Add biscuit mix. Heat in an 10 in skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, pour batter in center and tilt pan to evenly coat. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer remove.
Transfer pudding to bowl fold in banana, coconut and extract. Spoon in centre of crepe; fold sides over filling cut in half top with strawberries and kiwi.
2 servings.
* Confession I subscribe to Cooking for 2 magazine (I hoped it would make me a better cook) I got this from there and it looks really good I haven't made it yet, ... hopefully this week. I LOVE FRUIT, right now!!