I make this one quite a bit. Both my kiddos like it and so does Reg, so it's a winner around here. Tastes way better than the ones you buy!
Serving: SERVES 4 to 6
* Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
* 3/4 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
* 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/4 cup honey
* Vegetable-oil cooking spray
1. In a large nonreactive dish, combine orange zest, both juices, garlic, dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Add chicken; cover, and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees;. In a food processor, pulse breadcrumbs, butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper until fine crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off; dredge in breadcrumb coating. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet; bake until crisp and brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, strain marinade into a small saucepan. Measure out 2 tablespoons; mix with cornstarch in a small bowl. Bring marinade in pan to a boil. Drizzle in cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly; boil, stirring, 1 minute more. Let cool slightly; stir in honey. Serve with chicken fingers.